Lydford Gorge, Lopwell Dam, Buckland Abbey, the acclaimed Garden House at Buckland Monachorum and the historic market town of Tavistock, with its award winning Farmers Market (www.tavistockfarmersmarket.com) and Pannier market, are among the many attractions in our local area. The National Cycle Route 27 – The Granite Way (www.sustrans.org.uk) – passes through North Brentnor. Also Drakes Trail, a 21-mile walking and cycling route from Tavistock to Plymouth, offers scenic routes over Gem Bridge and through Grenofen Tunnel. Visit Rame Head and its Medieval Chapel and experience the stunning views of the coastline (www.historic-cornwall.org.uk). Once two towns, Medieval Looe has something for everyone (www.looe.org) and an exploration of Polperro's narrow, winding streets and lanes is not to be missed (www.polperro.org)!
Other local attractions include:
- Plymouth Hoe (www.visitplymouth.co.uk)
- The National Marine Aquarium (www.national-aquarium.co.uk)
- Dartmoor Way Cycle Route (www.dartmoorway.co.uk)
- South West Coast Path (www.southwestcoastpath.org.uk)
- Drake Circus Shopping in Plymouth (www.drakecircus.com)
- Plymouth Pavillions (www.plymouthpavillions.com)
- Theatre Royal (www.theatreroyal.com)
- Eden Project (www.edenproject.com)
This is just a small example of things to explore in our beautiful part of Cornwall and Devon. Take a look at www.welovethetamarvalley.co.uk, www.visitcornwall.com and www.visitdevon.co.uk for more information.