Guests’ at Ryelands have:
- the right to be informed – Ryelands must be completely transparent in how we are using your personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- the right of access – you have the right to know exactly what information is held about you and how it is processed.
- the right of rectification – you are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- the right to erasure – you have the right to having your personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why you wish to discontinue.
- the right to restrict processing – you have the right to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
- the right to data portability – this allows you to retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- the right to object – you are entitled to object to your personal data being used. This includes, if Ryelands uses your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
We (or "us") means Julie Dawn Baldwin trading as Ryelands B&B whose registered address is Ryelands, Carkeel, Nr. Saltash, Cornwall. PL12 6PH.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a data controller under number A8270723.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us ("our site"), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you stay with us as a guest or participate in the social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s).
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to);
• to administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
When you register with us for your stay at our premises we may automatically collect the following information:
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Car details including registration mark
- Attendance – for example your arrival/departure date and time
- dietary requirements; medical conditions; allergies.
- We may need to gather and use certain credit card information in order to process your payment – once payment and charges have been satisfied, these details are immediately shredded upon check-out and not held on record.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties such as freetobook, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Trivago, Airbnb, Expedia and Stripe. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources. Our website may contain links to websites such as these.
Uses made of the information
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to provide you with information about changes to our service or other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and to provide you with information about the services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing or previous guest, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about accommodation services similar to those which were the subject of your previous stay with us.
Disclosure of your information
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties, with exception to sharing information with Ryelands’ appointed accountant whilst carrying out annual accountancy operations. Please refer to their policy at www.angelagreenhough.co.uk. All documentation comes back in-house once accounts have been prepared.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting and retaining your data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data at the point of registration.
You have the right to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to email@example.com:
• Right to Access – to access all the data we hold about you;
• Right to Erasure – that we erase all data we hold about you, if the data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to, or if you revoke your consent as above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a previous guest, then your information will be held for 2 years, including details of our overseas guests. If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes and then archived within 24 months of the date you last stayed at Ryelands.
A copy of the policy is available upon request.